Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Fifth week reflection March 2-March 9

           I am not really sure how to start this, this week. It has definitely been eventful, tiring, and exciting, all in one. Monday started the beginning of something that could change my experience in the Disney College Program. If you remember, at the end of my last reflection, I wrote a statement about my room roommate to security. This was because she was very aggressive and was saying untrue things about my roommates and me both by mouth and social media. So anyways, Monday came and I was supposed to go to my Security class. The night before, when I made my statement, I got a paper stating I would have to go to the housing office and speak with someone about the situation. I slept on the floor in my roommate’s room because I did not feel safe in my own. I was woken up by a phone call to the apartment land line, asking me to come down for my meeting. It was 9 AM and I got dressed and went down to the office. They met me and we walked over to the apartment across the way. They sat me down and asked me about my roommate situation. I explained to them that I felt horribly unsafe, due to the various posts on Facebook and the aggressive attitudes towards me in the apartment. They told me there was nothing they could do, given social media is normally off limits as far as using statements from people because  people can pretend to be anyone they want on the internet.
            I left the meeting feeling very unsatisfied with my answers but my roommate had a meeting with the same people shortly after I did. I had papers that I needed to scan into my Security class through Disney, stating that I could not attend my class, due to a meeting with housing. In the club house, I sat down and sent my papers then went and rented The Lion King ½ and relaxed in the club house watching it. I also took this time to call my banks and get my Debit cards sent to me ASAP, due to the loss of my bag because I had to cancel all of my cards, just to be safe. Each of them costed me $25 for a rushing fee.
            After the movie was over, I went back to my apartment. Here I found my roommate, who I had reported, and her two guy friends, moving her stuff out. Her friends and she, did not look very happy, so I awkwardly sat in the living room talking to Gabriel (my boyfriend) on the phone. When I hung up the phone, I left the apartment so I would not have to sit there. I made one lap around the apartment then called Gabriel back. He insisted I go back to the apartment, to insure she was not going to take anything that did not belong to her. When I got back, she was gone.
            One of my other roommates got back, TV, and she noticed the roommate had moved. She asked what happened and I replied that I had gone and talked with housing about how I felt unsafe. She texted the moved out roommate and asked her what happened. The roommate replied that myself and DM, had gone and turned her in for a posting she had made. She also said that she was being investigated and would be staying in another apartment, until further notice.
            Tuesday I did not have to work, so I stayed home and thoroughly cleaned the apartment. When DM came home from work, she told me that, on the Disney College Program Facebook page, our roommate posted that she had been terminated. She also used a few choice words to describe me for turning her in but she was gone, so it did not really matter. All three of us roommates went out for dinner and had a great time. I felt so free! I did not have to worry about my safety in my own apartment anymore.
            Wednesday came and I went to work, got my board, ad all of that good jazz. After work, I went to Magic Kingdom with TV and DM. We had a great time and rode Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, the teacups, and the Little Mermaid ride before the park closed. In one of our Splash Mountain pictures, we even decided to look dead, which was weird but fun! After the park, we went to Walmart to get some food for the apartment. TV’s boyfriend was supposed to come visit her Thursday but unfortunately, there was a snow storm in Kentucky and his flight was cancelled. She was in a very upset mood and was hoping that he could come on Friday because the snow was supposed to clear up.
            Thursday was nothing special. Worked all day and came home to sleep. Housekeeping has been really hard, especially with up to 8 checkouts, aka ½ a whole board. I go to work, don’t eat anything, come home, eat, and finally pass out. Unfortunately, the bus from work doesn’t get me home until 6pm so, it has been difficult to get anything done, especially my school work. This week in particular has made me fall behind exponentially on my school work and I am glad that I dropped m criminal justice course because I definitely would not have done well.
            Friday was easy, not too many checkouts but we got really sad news at our morning meeting at work. David, from Bay Lake Tower aka BLT or the other part of the Contemporary, announced that he would be leaving to the front desk. Given I had not gotten to ever work with him but the following news was heart breaking; Ron, my favorite manager ever, would be taking his place at BLT. When everyone heard this news, I thought a riot was going to break out. Everyone was so unhappy, they were yelling and saying rude things to him. I guess this really hit me hard because if it was not for him, I would have gone home after my first day. Having Ron there really made a difference. People respect him and felt comfortable opening up to him about problems they are having. With other managers, they just do not care if you come to them with a problem. Normally, they say “it comes with the job”.  Having Ron as a manager really helps me to realize what kind of person I want to be, when I go out into the work force. To be understanding, caring, kind, and to work with people instead of telling them to just “buck up” or “just deal with it”. Never in my life, have I encounter someone so loved and respected as a manager and one day, if I am put into a managerial position, I hope to be just like him.
            Saturday I was so ready for my days off that I was just completely out of it. I even went as far as cleaning someone else’s room because I was on the wrong floor. One of my first rooms had feces on the bed and vomit in the sink. Another one had bodily fluids and one room even had a child urinate on the bathroom floor. I was about to walk out of that hotel and never look back. I was so close but I took a deep breath and kept working. When I went to go turn in my board, Ron had come back from a week of not being there so I asked if I could interview him for my internship class. I told him that I almost walked out and he said he was glad I did not and that he was proud of me for working through the problem. I interviewed Ron, turned in my board, clocked out, put my key away, and went to catch the bus home. Of course, the cherry on top of a wonderful day, I saw the bus and started running but it drove away. Well, fun fact, the buses only come once an hour so I waited on the curb until the next one. By the time I got home it was almost 7:30 and I hadn't eaten all day. I was parched and hungry but the exhaustion set in and I passed out in my bed around 8.
            I woke up Sunday, well rested and ready to begin my Friday. When I got to work and looked at my board I had 7 checkouts and 4 linen changed, essentially occupied checkouts. I got my cart and quickly went to my rooms knocking on every floor. DF came up and told me no one was awake and she wanted to help me because she could not even touch her rooms. All my rooms still had people except one. It was an occupied and we went quickly then we did not know what to do. We went to go help our fellow CP, College Programie, out with his rooms. We walked into one room and it needed to be supplied before he began, so we went and helped him with another checkout. I went to my rooms and started all my checkout, then finished my occupies. I was the second person done out of the whole building, so I went to go help DF. We did not finish until 5:30 and DM picked me up because we were supposed to go shopping but we were way too tired from work. I hung out in the apartment and relaxed thinking, two days of!        

No comments:

Post a Comment