Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March 21 - March 22

What a miserable week at work. Saturday I ended up working a 10 hour shift with no food, water, or even a break. I got to work at 7:45, clocked in, and off to work I went. I got done with 6 check outs and 10 occupies by 3:45 pm. The manager asked if I wanted to “buy” any rooms and I said yes. When you “buy” a room, this means that they pay you $7 or $8 to clean an extra occupied room and $13-$14 for a checkout. I replied that I would love to, given I had only 2 days of work that week. I ended up staying 2 hours after and cleaning 25 rooms overall. I got $53 for the rooms plus overtime but I could barely walk let alone keep my eyes from weighing down. Luckily, there was a bus that arrived 5 minutes after I got to the bus stop but by the time I got home I just wanted to pass out. I ate dinner, talked to DM for a little bit, and went to sleep.

If I thought Saturday was bad, I really had another thing coming to me on Sunday. DF, me, and another CP Steven, were supposed to be runners instead of housekeepers. This means that we were not supposed to clean rooms at all, in fact, all we would have had to do, was bring housekeepers items for the rooms. A bunch of people called out, so Steven and I ended up getting horrendous boards. I ended up with 10 checkouts and he ended up with 9. Luckily for DF, she was support for the day, which turned out to be very difficult as well. By about 3 o’clock, all I wanted to do was curl up into a ball and cry. I was not even done with my checkouts and I had zero help in any of my rooms. There were 3 checkouts left and my amazing manager Santa came to help me. She stripped all of my beds and took out my trash. Around 4:30, I still had 5 occupied rooms left and I could barely move. I was ready to just walk down to the office, throw my hands up, and leave my ID. DF came and helped me with my last 3 rooms and kept telling me that it was going to be okay. This was new because that is normally what I end up doing with her at the end of the day. This truly made me appreciate the family aspect of working in housekeeping. People help out each other in their time of need at work. After we finished my last rooms, she helped me clean my cart and I helped her with the last couple things. By this time, it was 6:15 PM and we just wanted to go home. I went and turned in my board and Santa asked DF and me to go check some rooms. 2 were clean and 2 were dirty so DF texted Santa. We clocked out and returned our keys. Steven had also just gotten done, so we all roe the bus home together.

No comments:

Post a Comment